Especially for people who have asked us to share our original recipes with Matcha from Japan, here is our MATCHA RICE, very easy to prepare, and delicious.
For this recipe we use our Organic Ujicha Matcha because its finesse and high quality are perfect for this recipe that will celebrate for all. You can find it among our Green Appellation teas.
Leave your comments to see the results of your work. Enjoy your meal! Here’s the recipe:
200g round rice (1 glass)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons matcha tea
300 ml cold water
- Wash the rice in cold water, stirring gently and drain. Repeat this wash several times until the water remains clear.
- Cooking rice according to Taro IMIYAKI: Put the rice with cold water (1,5 volume of rice) in a pressure cooker, close the lid and heat over high heat until the steam begins to escape through the valve. Turn off and leave the casserole closed for at least 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice with the salt and matcha tea.
- Open the casserole and transfer the cooked rice to a wooden or ceramic bowl. Drizzle the rice with the tea mixture and stir with a wooden spatula, lifting the rice to cool it. Cover with a damp cloth until the moment of use.
- Prepare sushi with rice or use it for cold salads or appetizers with or without fish.